Sunday, December 09, 2007

I'm bunching a few days into one!

Nothing really happened on Friday or Saturday so I'm going to write about the past few days in one post then I'll be all caught up.

Friday we didn't even leave the house. My parents came down around 11:00 and brought their glider/rocker. We ordered dinner and Dad went and picked it up and brought it back to the house. They were here until 1:00 or so and Murphy had a grumpy afternoon. She takes her morning nap really well. But when it comes to the afternoon, she doesn't want to go to sleep. Then she gets overtired and really grumpy. She slept for maybe two hours all day on Friday. So both of us were tired by the time Rob got home on Friday night. She isn't getting up at night (or at least WE aren't getting up) although she does fuss for a little bit at night. She has to learn how to comfort herself and go back to sleep. I can lay her down in the morning and she goes to sleep. I can't do that in the afternoon. But she has to learn! So we'll keep working on it.

Saturday I cooked breakfast for the wrestling team before they left for their tournament. Which they won, by the way! Good job, guys! Rob got up at 5:30, I was up at 5:45, and the kids were here at 6:45. They had eaten and were out the door by 7:20 and the bus left at 7:45. Everything went pretty smooth even if I couldn't remember how much of everything I needed. I guessed pretty good. I used five bags of hashbrowns but probably only need four. And I used two and a half of the big containers of egg beaters and probably only needed two. I used eleven cups of dry pancake mix and will cut that back to eight. That was the biggest leftover I had. Murphy slept the whole time. After the kids left I cleaned up the kitchen and relaxed with her for a while. I fianlly got all my pictures uploaded to Walmart. I already developed 130 or so. Now I sent in 440. That's all of them, though so now I can start working on the scrapbook I bought down there. Murphy had a good morning again but same problem in the afternoon. So she is always really tired by the time she goes to bed. Rob's dad came over around 3:30 and got my Christmas decorations out of the garage for me. Rob's mom and aunt came over to visit around 7:00 and Rob got home around 11:30.

This morning we got up and went to church. It felt so good to be there! Everyone knows us and they've been praying for us and waiting for us to get home. So it was really a nice feeling. Murphy was good the whole time. She got a little tired right at the very end but just was really mellow looking at all the people. We stopped at the store to get stuff for our standard football-Sunday fare...nachos. And then came home. She took a very short nap but was still really tired. She wouldn't lay down so I took her downstairs to Rob and she fell asleep with him watching the Charger game. He says his feet are cold but his upper body is roasting and his arm is falling asleep. I don't really care, though! I'm all caught up on my posts so that should give you some reading material. I'll try to stay up to date now.

OK, that's all for now. I'm going to put some pictures back on these last few posts so go back and look at them. Later!!!

1 comment:

Aunt TeeTee said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi!!! Tell Murphy I miss her and love her lots. And don't forget to give her lots of hugs and kisses for me.