Saturday, March 24, 2007

Good old OCD.

I have said many times that this adoption is moving so quickly because I'm OCD. For once I can say that being obsessive resulted in a good thing.

I FedEx'ed our dossier to the state on Thursday. They received it on Friday and also sent it back the same day. It should be delivered on Monday. Then I'll have to FedEx it to MN to the social worker. Then she'll send us packing lists and travel information.

I think the passport website has banned me for checking too many times on the status of our passports. In my defense the information could change sometime during the day and I want to know immediately. The website used to say April 9 for Rob and April 22 for me. Now it just says "Thanks for checking! Your passport application has been received and is being processed. You should receive your passport approximately ten weeks after you applied." Rob's ten weeks will be on April 4 and mine will be on April 10. I sent an email sometime this week but haven't heard anything. I'm sure they're thinking "It's the psycho lady who checks 30 times a day!" (I really don't check THIRTY times a day. Not quite.)

We did find out that the couple ahead of us got their referral somewhere around the 16th. A little boy. I don't think they are going to travel until the third week of April or so. So hopefully we'll be there shortly after. Since they got their referral and we didn't I don't think we'll hear in March. Which is fine with me. As I said before, I'm strangely OK with waiting a month!

I got my hair cut and colored yesterday. I think this is officially the fourth hair color I've had in the past year. But Rob will be happy...it's back to being blond.

Rob's at guards in Little Falls. Today is my grandma's 92nd birthday party. So I'm going to Aberdeen for the day. It's in the 60's today so I'm finally able to open the windows. Billy sucks in that fresh air like he hasn't seen it before.

I told my friend Pete yesterday that when I read other people's blogs I check every day to see if there is a new post. And I'm disappointed when there isn't anything new. Now that I have a blog of my own I know that sometimes there just isn't enough to say every day! So I'm trying to keep you updated often and in doing so you all get to read about the trivial parts of my day. Like getting my hair colored. Or finding a box elder bug in my slipper the other morning that about sent me into convulsions. Could there be anything more disgusting than a bug in your slipper? I had just gotten out of the shower but had to thoroughly wash my entire leg and foot again. Those of you who don't know me are probably suspecting that I'm crazy. Let me tell you...it all goes back to that OCD.

1 comment:

cara said...

CONGRATULATIONS for moving a couple of steps closer. I had to laugh at your box elder bug in the slipper. You wouldn't like it at our house. I can't wait until we hear if it's a boy or girl. Cara