Sunday, April 27, 2008

Monthly update

I just can't believe it's April already and a whole month has gone by since my last post. We've had about three more snow storms since then. We just had another one on Friday. Hopefully we can head into spring soon. The grass is green from all the moisture but I'm ready for 90 degree weather. Murphy had her nine month check up on April 2. She weighed 20 pounds and three ounces and was 29 inches long. She can still wear some 3-6 month and 6-9 month clothes but I've gotten into the 12 month closet now. Yes, she has an entire closet full of each size of clothing. We met my parents, brothers, a sister in law, and a nephew that night to celebrate my parents' anniversary. Rob went to the state youth wrestling tournament that weekend. On Monday the 7th my mom had her knee replaced and then on Thursday the 10th Rob's mom had back surgery. They're both healing now and will be ready to get out of their braces and back to normal life soon. Murphy and I went home on the 13th and spent the day with my parents. My mom was getting cabin fever. Plus, my dad's birthday was on the 17th. It was nice to just go and visit. I accompanied junior high kids when they played their solos at the band contest on the 19th and then we worked outside all day. We had gotten Murphy a swing so we hung that up and she just loved it. I would push her and then go rake for a little bit. She didn't like it when the swing would stop and I wasn't right there to push her again. Rob's birthday was the 21st so we went out for supper that night. Rob's uncle died unexpectedly of diabetes on Sunday the 20th so Rob and his dad drove to Colorado for the funeral. There was also a service here and the burial took place in the snowstorm on Friday. We spent the rest of the day with Rob's family which is always fun, even if it was for an unfortunate occasion. Nothing we do is overly exciting but it's amazing that we never seem to have any free time.

We're coming closer to the end of school. There are always a lot of things going on this time of year. The athletic banquet is coming up this week. My niece, Kara, graduates from SDSU on Saturday. She leaves for Oregon and optometry school this summer. And we recently found out one of my other nieces, Brianna, got into pharmacy school. Lots of good stuff going on in our family.

Murphy has the two teeth yet. We've figured out she can bite HARD. She pooped in the bath tub for the first time this last week. I looked up and her face was beet red and I knew what she was doing. By the time I reacted and got a diaper out she was already done. Rob was in Colorado and I don't think he would have handled it well had he been home by himself. She is still eating well. She watches everything we put in our mouth. She's been sleeping on her stomach lately and usually wakes up once a night and we have to go and roll her over. She won't go back to sleep if we just roll her over so we hold her for a few minutes and she goes right to sleep. She went to her first track meet on the 17th. She plays "Peek" really well. Still not crawling but she's getting closer. I still think she's just going to walk. Her personality comes out more and more all the time. She's still pretty stubborn. The other day she had a death grip on my keys and wasn't very happy when I took them from her. We are just amazed at her every day.

Enjoy the pictures and check back in a month for the next update!













3 comments:

Yeah So said...

She's getting so big! And more beautiful every day. Glad to hear all is well.

Ruth Ann Craven said...

Your daughter is such a cutie! I think she & Anna look a lot alike. I LOVE the pigtails!

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big. What a doll. I just wanted to wish you an early Happy Mother's Day. It's been a long time waiting, but I bet it is a great feeling. Spend the day doing something for yourself. We don't get many of those, which I'm sure you are figuring out. Have a great day and keep us posted.
Amy