Thursday, August 09, 2007

Back from the dead

I'm still here. Just nothing new to say. Until today! :)

I talked to the social worker today and she said that the representative in Colombia told her that the orphanages should hear from the ICBF tomorrow in regard to their questions. She warned me though that "tomorrow" in Colombia could be two weeks. She has also heard that another agency started to refer to non-Colombian families. With all of this information she "thinks" referrals will start coming in the next few weeks. She did say that we are on top of the LSS list so she doesn't think it will be long. I've already packed up everything and put it away so of course now would be the time!

We've been fairly busy. Rob started back to school last week. I don't think he was ready. But we had such a goofy summer. Waiting, not waiting, waiting... He's been in Sioux Falls for meetings this week and poor Billy is so lonely he doesn't know what to do. He'll sit with me for a while but I just don't cut it. Billy's 11th birthday was on Monday the 6th and Bob's would have been on the 14th. Hard to believe it's been that long. I think we're going to the lake this weekend. Last one before school starts.

Rob had guards last weekend that included a picnic and street dance. We actually got out in public and did something fun! Woo Hoo!

We did have an eventful day this week. I got home and could smell the grill. So I left the garage door open. Rob was already done grilling but I forgot to close the door. When I was leaving for work on Tuesday I noticed something red/orange was on the pickup. After closer inspection beer and tomato juice had been poured all over the pickup, in the gas tank, cigarette butts were in the windows and doors, and a garden hose had been tied to the bumper. With gas being so expensive, we wasted a half a tank siphoning it out and then filling in another $80. So there was $120 or so. Plus, Rob and his dad spent about four hours siphoning the gas, changing the filter and cleaning it up. The police came and looked at it and took pictures. THEN we realized that stuff was missing out of our garage. Hmmm...theft and vandalism. Nice. We're fairly certain we know who it was. It was pretty obvious but we can't prove it. But if we ever do.....................

That's been the excitement for the past ten days or so. That's about all I can handle. :)

No comments: