Friday, April 27, 2007

Oh, the waiting....

It's driving me crazy! You'd think we have enough going on in our lives that I wouldn't think all day "Is today going to be the day?". But no. I still manage to fit that in. It's been a busy week...the governor was here on Wednesday night so we went to that banquet. Thursday night I taught piano lessons and then went to the National Honor Society banquet. Wednesday afternoon we had our appointment with the doctor regarding vaccines. He gave me a tetanus shot since it's been a very long time since I've had one and gave us both prescription pills for typhoid, malaria, and hepatitis A & B. PLUS we have to go to Sioux Falls today to have yellow fever shots. I could care less if we take most of those but Rob would rather have the shot than the disease. So we're working until 11:00, driving the 2 1/2 hours to SF, getting the shot, and driving the 2 1/2 hours home to work at the Parent Teacher carnival. Tomorrow is the golf course clean up day (and for me...the day to clean the house). Next week is the athletic banquet, prom, and Rob has guards. PLUS, we started grinding corn yesterday! It was pretty exciting. The three of us girls in the office decided to cook for this special day. Someone slap us the next time we think that. After the governor's dinner, I made a pan of banana bars and two pans of taco dip. I also cooked 10 pounds of sausage and Rob cracked 120 eggs. At 11:00 I took out the bars and taco dip and chips, along with all the supplies for breakfast burittos and the sausage in a crockpot to the plant. In my pajamas, by the way. This way, when I went home I could just crawl in bed and get up the next morning and not have to find something to wear. I had a huge brain lapse when I said "Sure, I'll do breakfast!". The crews work from 6 p.m. until 6 a.m. and then the next crew works from 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. To make sure the night crew got to eat, I got up at 4:00 to start scrambling eggs. I finished at 5:00 and took them out to the plant. I got home at 5:30 and thought "I wonder if it will be bad to go back to bed?". Yes, it was. Don't ever do that. My alarm went off at 6:00 and I hit the snooze until about 6:30 and still made it to work at 7:00. Very groggy and not looking very good, but I was here! And then the real day began! Donna and Ashley made smokies and chili for dinner and we had bars and taco dip and we ate and ate and ate and ate.

Do any of you watch "How I Met Your Mother"? The above paragraph reminds me of a few episodes ago when Ted was saying that Marshall and Lily tell each other EVERYTHING. Right down to "and then I brushed my teeth and after I brushed my teeth I went to the bathroom...".

So now I'm off to work. Still groggy and still not looking too hot. But I only have to work four hours today so that always makes things better! :)

No comments: