Sunday, January 28, 2007

I bought my first baby item!

Over the past nine years, I've never let myself buy anything for a baby. I broke down yesterday and bought a stuffed rabbit. It felt so good! Rob says it's girly because it has some pink on it. I don't think so. Even if it does, our kid is getting the stuffed rabbit with pink on it. You know that feeling when you think/hope you're pregnant and you go to the store to buy a pregnancy test? The anticipation and nervousness you feel? That's how I felt yesterday. And I guess in a sense, while I'm not pregnant, I sort of am. Except my pregnancy is without weight gain, stretch marks, and labor pains. But I am counting down the days until our baby is here.

We're waiting to hear back about our I-600A. We took our passport pictures this week (of course I hate mine), Rob applied for his passport, and I'll apply for mine in Watertown on Tuesday. I also took pictures of our house and we're still waiting to take pictures of us. It has to be done by Monday night so I can get them developed in Watertown on Tuesday. Good news, though...I bought a skirt that fits! Yay! I was in Penney's on Saturday and they were having a big sale. I found the skirt and jacket that match my one pair of pants that fits. The skirt was $7.50 and the jacket (regularly $60) was $15! Woo-Hoo! I am such a bargain shopper! Of course, then I went to Target and spent $160. We hadn't been to Aberdeen forever so I had lots to buy. To make up for the amount of money I knew I was spending, I bought Target brand toilet paper, soap...It better be good. I even bought my own hair color so I can stop spending over $100 to go to a salon. I'm not sure how this is going to turn out so I'm going to do it quick while Rob's gone. Cross your fingers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Pretty soon, you're going to have to buy all sorts of cool things: crib, sheets, glider-rocker, car seat. I can't wait to hear about it!