Monday, October 09, 2006

I bought a book!

I went to Aberdeen this weekend and bought a book about your baby's first year, week by week. It's similar to "What To Expect Your First Year" but it's weekly. And very interesting. I got it on Saturday morning. I've already read through the seventh month and highlighted everything I either don't know or think I should remember. I'm sure when the actual time comes, I won't even remember I have a book.

We also had some interesting news on Thursday, the 5th. The girl who cuts my hair in Tea is a very compassionate, good Christian woman. We've prayed together at her salon and been very open about our religous beliefs. She called me on Thursday night and said that she knows a woman in Sioux Falls who is pregnant and has decided on adoption. Stacey (my friend) told her about us and she'd like to meet us! Now, I know that isn't a guarantee, but still. A whirlwind of emotions went through my head. And that phone call triggered the purchase of the book. I have always loved babies. Rob would prefer to have a child that can PLAY with him. And for as much as his ADHD shows when we're home on a weekend, I would agree that he needs a playmate. So anyway...the thought of actually having a newborn is...well, as I sit here trying to find the word, I guess I'll say it's undescribable. Stacey and I played phone tag this weekend so we didn't get a whole lot of information. But I guess we'll see where this leads. I know that if this is the path God has chosen for us, it will work out. If not, I know He has another path for us.

So that's really all I had to say today. That and HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEELY! We love you and we miss you and hope that you have a great day! We'll see you at State Football.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, we are a Colombian adoptive family in your neck of the woods. Good Luck!